Spring is just around the corner, and it’s time to jet off to a luxurious location to celebrate the turning of the season. If you’re like so many people, though, you likely have a difficult time deciding what to pack. Here’s a handy checklist to help you ensure you have everything you need when you hit paradise.
The Luxury Resort Packing Checklist
To ensure your luxury stay is everything you’d imagined it to be, follow this packing checklist:
- Feel-good pajamas. To top off your day of luxury, make the nighttime equally luxurious by slipping into a pair of comfortable pajamas made of a material like silk. For best results, bring several pairs so you always have a fresh one during your nights away.
- A comfortable robe. While most luxury and all-inclusive resorts provide terry-cloth robes to their guests, be sure that you’re not left out in the cold and bringing your own. Bonus points if you have it monogrammed beforehand.
- Casual clothing for sightseeing. No matter where you’re going, you’ll want some causal, comfortable clothing for sightseeing and exploring. Keep in mind, however, that casual doesn’t have to mean “frumpy.” Look for tailored pieces that move with your body and are made of smart fabric that wicks moisture and helps you stay comfortable all day long.
- Eveningwear. When your day of meetings, sightseeing, or shopping is over, take it out on the town for a luxurious dinner at one of the area’s best restaurants. Dress to impress by packing high-performance eveningwear that’s tailored to fit your unique shape. Not only will you look elegant and professional – you’ll also feel like the VIP you are.
- Toiletries. Toiletries are a critical packing item for any trip you might embark on. While all quality hotels will provide you with toiletries for your stay, having your own facial lotions, body washes, perfumes, and cosmetics will help you feel at home and look top-notch throughout your trip.
- Versatile footwear. Footwear might be the hardest thing to pack for a luxury vacation. Since you need several different types – going out footwear, beach sandals, trekking footwear, and more – it’s wise to reserve a suitcase for shoes so none of them get crushed or ruined during the trip.
- Reading material. Whether it’s a summer beach book or that NYT-bestselling thriller you’ve heard all about, reading material is critical for getting the most from your vacation. Stick a book in your carry-on bag so you’ll always have it with you as you prepare for your flight and make your way to your destination.
- Several swimsuits. If you’re going somewhere warm, pack several swimsuits so you’ll always have a dry one. If you plan on doing things like lounging on the beach one day and snorkeling the next, pack swimsuits designed for active and less active pursuits.
- Jewelry and accessories. Take your personal style with you on your upcoming trip by packing jewelry and accessories. Be sure that you’re including versatile items that will work for day and nighttime and that every item you bring will make you feel elegant and classy throughout your trip.
Your Complete Packing Checklist
Packing for a luxury vacation can be difficult. Fortunately, this simple packing checklist will act as your complete guide for your upcoming trip. From all-inclusive resorts in the Bahamas to a business trip in NYC, having what you need on hand is critical. While you may want to amend or update this packing list according to your personal preferences, this is a fantastic place to start and can help ensure that you’re not wanting anything once you arrive at your destination.